Back in February, the first time I was here, I went to the fridge at work to get a bottle of water and saw pull tab soda cans. Before that day, I had never seen one in person. (maybe at a museum) I was so surprised I had to drink a Coke instead of water.
Since then, I’ve had several different brands, different beverages, all with pull tabs. Rumor has it that China bought all the old manufacturing equipment for pull tab cans super cheap so that’s what they use. I have absolutely no idea if that’s true, but it wouldn’t surprise me.
Today, I went to the fridge at work to get a bottle of water and what did I see, but a bunch of soda cans with pop tops! It surprised me so much, I had to drink a Coke instead of water. (deja vu!)
Apparently, the pull tab machine broke and they didn’t have enough packaging tape and tree branches to fix it. (They are pretty resourceful around here. I wonder if they have MacGyver in Chinese?)
My boss's boss's boss offered me a special assignment in Xiamen, China for the second half of 2008. I took it and now here I am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment